Saturday, March 10, 2012

If You Build It They Will Come

Using books to build community     <--- Please click on this link for a lovely story.  I LOVE this idea!  I would build one in my yard if my 2 dogs and the neighbor's 5 dogs wouldn't bark like crazy.   I never buy books since I use the public library constantly but if I had a "little free library" a bag of paperback books to stock it would be  cheap when they have the Friends of the Library book sale.  My sister used to live in a little bitty town that did not have a library.  I can just imagine a little place like that having "little libraries" here and there up and down the streets.  What I would especially love is if neigborhoods had them with children's books.  I used to go out to schools to do library programs and I would always ask "who has a library card" or "how often do your parents take you to the library" and it was truly heartbreaking to see how few children get to have the library experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool Carol!

Tammy R

Carol said...

I thought so too ... especially for little towns or rural areas. I thought they were just cute too! Good to hear from you. Hope you are having a wonderful spring break. :)

Sparrow said...

Carol, this is such an awesome idea! I love this!

Carol said...

What a tribute to his Momma and what a guy to think of it and then actually do it. Look what one person can do!